REGISTER NOW for the 70th Leadville Burro Race on Sunday, August 5, 2018!
Online registration will CLOSE on Friday, August 2 @ 3:00pm.
Race day registration will be available.
Date: Sunday, August 4, 2019
Location: Leadville, CO
Parking: ½ block east of 4th & Harrison. NO parking @ Community Banks of Colorado.
Registration & Weigh-in: 9:00am in front of Community Banks of Colorado, 4th & Harrison Ave.
Long Course: 11:00am
Short Course: 11:15am
Course Distance & Cutoffs:
Long Course: 21 miles
(Cutoff: 5:00pm @ checkpoint #1, please see Race Course Map for details)
Short Course: 15 miles
Post-Race: Free Showers at Lake County Recreation Center, 600 W 6th.
After Race Dinner and Awards: 5:00pm, at the Elk’s Lodge, 123 W. 5th Street. Cash Bar.
- Race Day Check-In Process (starting at 9:00am): Please come down to the registration area in front of Community Banks of Colorado (4th Street and Harrison Avenue) WITH your donkey + halter & lead rope + pack saddle (loosely attached is fine). This will make it possible to check all WPBA race equipment requirements and attach timing chips to the halters.
o RACE DAY CHECK-IN PROCESS:
- Pick up your bib #.
- Pick up your race hat.
- Weigh your pack saddle.
- Measure your lead rope.
- Attach your timing chip to your donkey’s halter.
- Harrison Ave closed to racers @ 5:30pm: For racers who get to the bottom of California Gulch (Toledo and Monroe) at 5:15pm or later, please continue on Toledo (rather than turn left on Monroe) and turn left on 4th Street to return to the trailers. Please note your time for self-reporting.
Camping for runners and donkeys:
- Camping on Friday & Saturday: Overnight camping is reserved for racers at the Lake County Fairgrounds (West 6th & McWethy) for Friday and Saturday nights. We ask that campers contribute $10 / night (payable at the Banquet or to Nathalie).
- Camping for nights OTHER THAN Friday and Saturday night: Please mail $10 per night to P.O. Box 862, Leadville, CO 80461 (or drop payment at the Lake County Courthouse, Room 105.(make checks payable to “Lake County Recreation”)